This recipe is as easy as it gets and there are only 4 ingredients!
Here is what you need:
- 1 Quart sized bag (stuffed full) of goose breast (or chicken if you prefer)- Frozen or thawed
- 2 packets of ranch salad dressing and seasoning dry mix
- Franks Hot sauce to taste ( I usually start with about 3/4 cup and add more if needed)
- 2 TBSP of butter
- Get out the slow cooker.
- Place meat in the slow cooker (frozen or thawed).
- Sprinkle ranch packets over the meat.
- Pour hot sauce over the meat.
- Put the lid on and cook on high for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours open the lid and mix the butter into the goose breast.
- The breasts should shred nicely and the hot sauce should thicken a little. Add more hot sauce to taste.
- Frozen meat turns out just as good as thawed. I typically make mine with frozen.
- Using a crockpot liner makes for super easy clean up.
- Sometimes we eat this with tortilla chips (really good) and other times we eat it plain or in a tortilla.
- We have added cheese to it a few times to cool it down after adding too much hot sauce.
- The ranch dressing packets are usually found in the condiments isle of the grocery.
- I usually mix the butter in with a tongs and then use the tongs to serve the meat (less dishes).