This is one of our favorite rabbit recipes. It is super easy to make and is good leftover.
Here is what you need:
- 2- 3lbs Rabbit (quartered)
- 4-5 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1-2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- gallon ziplock bag or something to marinate in
- Add rabbit meat, olive oil, rosemary, and garlic to the bag or container
- Let marinate in refrigerator overnight or at least one hour
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Place rabbit in a shallow baking pan
- Cover with tin foil
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Take pan out and remove tin foil
- Place back into oven
- Bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature is 160°
- Preheat grill to medium high heat
- Put the meat on the grill
- Turning occasionally
- Cook until internal temp is 160°
- Different sized pieces will cook at different speeds so you can put the larger pieces on first to have them finished at the same time.
- Some people toss the belly flaps of the rabbit but we have found them to be one of our favorite parts. We usually throw them on the grill at the same time as all of the other meat and they are done much faster than everything else. We eat them while the rest of the meat is cooking.