This is a great recipe! Our family has been making this recipe for years with chicken. We are always looking for new things to use rabbit meat in and gave this a try. It turned
This is a great recipe! Our family has been making this recipe for years with chicken. We are always looking for new things to use rabbit meat in and gave this a try. It turned out great! Leftovers freeze and reheat nicely.
Here is what you will need:
- 4 cups cooked rabbit meat (or chicken) cubed
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 (10.5oz) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 16oz frozen broccoli cutlets
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed seasoned croutons
- 13X9 baking dish
- Mix Mayo, curry powder, lemon juice, and soup in large mixing bowl.
- Layer bottom of baking dish with broccoli.
- Layer rabbit meat evenly over the broccoli.
- Spread the mayo/soup mixture on top of meat.
- Sprinkle cheese over the soup mixture.
- Sprinkle crushed croutons over the cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before cutting
- We usually bake our rabbit for this recipe but it can also be cooked in the slow cooker. Bake rabbit at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until internal temp is 160°. Slow cooker, 8 hours on low with a cup or two of water.